Why getting Europe active outdoors matters?
Physical inactivity is a huge problem in Europe.
of Europeans never exercise or play sport. (*1)
of active European prefer parks and the outdoors to be active (*1)
of European are not members of any club or association (*1)
1 in 3
of children who are overweight before puberty will be overweight in early adulthood. (*2)
Every move counts • Every move counts • Every move counts •
Every move counts.
minutes per week
Outdoor activity has superpowers.
The many benefits of outdoor sports for society were explored through the Erasmus+ funded ‘Benefits of Outdoor Sports for Society’ (BOSS) project.
- General mental health status
- Quality of life & overall wellbeing
- Combating mental illnesses & diseases
- Positive a ective states
- Reducing negative a ective states
- Control & coping
- Positive experiences
- Active and happy ageing
- Community benefits
- Integration & inclusion
- Bonding capital
Education & life-long learning
- (Intra) personal development
- Interpersonal development
- Educational motivation and achievements
- Cognitive aspects to improve learning
- Environmental awareness and behaviour
- General physical health and related factors
- Combating diseases like stroke, heart attack & cancer
- Low injury rates and extended life expectancy
- Healthy ageing
- Subjective health perception
- Sun exposure e ects
- Lifetime physical activity
- Cognitive functioning
- Other multiple effects
Crime reduction & anti-social behaviour
- Increase of prosocial behaviour
- Prevention and reduction of crime
Get Involved • Get Involved • Get Involved • Get Involved
How to get involved
Do you want to get involved to help us deliver Outdoor Activity Days?
There are different ways to get involved in the Coalition
Share your outdoor
moments and follow us
Support our work and become a member
Read our latest News and Stories.
Never miss an update.
Sign-up to our monthly newsletter and never miss an update.